Ireland’s Wildlife is a website created by wildlife enthusiasts for wildlife enthusiasts and for the general public who want to learn more about the fascinating wildlife and natural history on in and around the island of Ireland.
By using this website you agree to the following terms and conditions.
General Terms and Conditions
- Views and opinions expressed on the site are those of the respective authors and not necessarily those of Ireland’s Wildlife or its publishers.
- While we make every effort to ensure the accuracy and relevance of every item posted on the site, mistakes can and do happen, items will date, and new discoveries are constantly being made. By using the site you indemnify Ireland’s Wildlife an its publishers from any liability arising from the subsequent application of information acquired through the site. Please check the relevant facts for yourself if they will have a material impact on the validity of the work you are doing. If you do find inaccurate or out-dated information on the site, please let us know using the contact form and we’ll endeavour to correct it wherever necessary.
- By submitting information to the site (comments, photos, video, articles, stories, audio and other media) you grant Ireland’s Wildlife non-exclusive unlimited rights to publish / share that content on the Ireland’s Wildlife website, social media sites and other online or offline platform or media.
- You agree that you will be considerate of other users and that when posting to the site you will refrain from offensive or inappropriate language. Healthy debate is encouraged… but always respect the opinion of other users, and their rights to express them. Site administrators have the authority to delete content they deem inappropriate at their discretion, and ban offending users from posting additional material to the site.
- … to be continued as necessary as the site evolves.
EU Cookie Compliance
In May 2011 new EU Privacy Laws on the use of browser cookies came into force.
You can control your acceptance of cookies and/or disable them entirely in your web browser settings — and the latest versions of leading browsers provide even more control over how your browser handles cookies.
- By continuing to use this website you acknowledge that your browser settings are sufficient to indicate your consent to the use of first-party cookies to help improve overall usability and refine the content and services we offer.
Discover Wildlife Weekend Bookings
For convenience (on both sides), and to avoid handling cash/cheques during the weekends, the €90 fee (including a €30 non-refundable booking deposit) is payable in advance to secure your place on the weekend.
The fee covers the guided weekend field excursions, talks and the venue… as specified on the description page… it DOES NOT include food and accommodation, or additional expenses like boat trips should the opportunity arise (we’ll give you details of how to avail of the special Discover Wildlife accommodation package at the Celtic Ross Hotel in the weekend information sheet once you’ve booked).
If you cannot attend a weekend you have booked on, for whatever reason, we offer the following cancellation options:
- If you inform us of a cancellation more than 2 weeks before the weekend is due to commence we can either
- offer you a place on an alternative weekend to the same value subject to availability.
- refund the balance of €60 per person.
- If you inform us of a cancellation less than 2 weeks before the weekend is due to commence, unfortunately we cannot offer a refund, but are happy to offer you a place on an alternative weekend or another Discover Wildlife Experience to the same value subject to availability.
Where transport is necessary we operate a car pooling system to move between wildlife watching sites on the weekend. Depending on requirements we may ask participants with their own vehicles to help out in this regard.
While we always put safety and security first during these weekends, you remain responsible for your own safety and the security of your belongings while attending the Discover Wildlife Weekend. By booking your place on a Discover Wildlife Weekend you agree to indemnify Ireland’s Wildlife, our guides and representatives from liability for any mishaps, loss or damage, however caused.