Congratulations to the team from Killarney National Park, who were crowned national BioBlitz champions 2011 over the weekend with an impressive tally of 1,088 species over the 24 hour period despite the inclement weather.
It’s a testament to the skill and dedication of the recorders and volunteers across the country that every site involved surpassed the 542 species tally recorded by last year’s inaugural National BioBlitz champions, Conemarra National Park.
Final results for BioBlitz 2011
- Killarney National Park, Co Kerry, 1,088 species
- Raven National Nature Reserve/ Wexford Wildfowl Reserve, Co Wexford, 826 species
- Ballycroy National Park, Co Mayo, 702 species
- Dromore Woods, Co Clare, 688 species
- Liffey Valley Park, Waterstown, Dublin 20, 687 species